Back in August, we announced that our long serving, 1U PC was due for a make-over. After 8 years as one of our most popular products, it has now received a well-deserved refresh, and the newest incarnation is now available for our customers to order.
The new-look 1U PC now boasts greater capacity, ramped up performance, and an even simpler, more user-friendly design. The changes we’ve introduced are heavily informed by customer feedback, enhancing the 1U’s capabilities, but maintaining its reputation for balancing functionality with exceptional value.
The new 1U PC now features:
- Dual Width Graphics Card in 1U – A wider PCIe bay accommodates dual width GFX cards, allowing us to support a variety of high performance video cards.
- Greater HDD/SSD capacity – The 1U PC now uses 4 x Hot Swap Bays which can accommodate up to 8x 5” Hot Swap SSD/HDD, or 3x 3.5” HDDs.
- Even greater power with 300W upgrade – More demanding applications and higher power graphics cards are more readily accommodated by the new 300W power supply.
- Quieter operation with less fans – Less fans produce less noise, and combined with our improved dynamic speed fan controller, also offer better internal cooling performance.
- Front USB 3.0 Ports – We’ve introduced 2x ultra-fast USB 3.0 connection ports at the front as standard at no extra cost.
- Easy to open quick fit lid – This enables easier access to internal components, making maintenance or upgrades far simpler.
We’re really excited about the next-generation of 1U PC. The original product marked a very important milestone for G2 in our bid to be one of the best independent rack mount PC manufacturers in the UK and we believe the latest edition continues to set our products apart.
If you’d like to learn more about the changes to our 1U PC, or else place an order, please get in touch.